Gamerstar has got their hands on the latest PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and with it they compared gameplay footage that they recorded from their latest build to last year’s gameplay video. We couldn’t take any info from what the person speaking in the video because we don’t have someone who speaks in German, but we can comment on what difference we saw in the provided video.
This is not obviously a full complete look at the final product, but a an almost complete one, and only a few sections, but here’s what we noticed to see:
The old official gameplay video compared to the near release PC version:
- The tessellation is better looking at some rocks on the ground and cracks on the walls.
- The draw distance is bigger to a noticeable degree.
- Shading is better on some parts of the world.
- Some structures have more Poly count.
- In-door lighting looks better.
- And finally the particle effects are a lot better.
- The water effects in streams are better.
The near release PC gameplay footage compared to the old official gameplay video:
- The shadows are better.
- The coloring is more warm and nicer looking
- The textures are more high quality
- Out-door lighting looks better
- The water in-general is noticeable better and more pleasant to look at.
That’s what we’ve noticed in the comparison video. While the old version seems better, one can’t deny some of the good aspects of how the game looks now. If you noticed something else that might be a downgrade or an upgrade, tell us about it.