Capcom just announced at this year’s EVO that their upcoming fighting game Street Fighter V will launch with 16 fighter, and 4 of them will be brand new. They also announced that all future gameplay related DLC will be earnable for free by playing and earning in-game currency to get those DLC, but you can also get those DLC by outright buying premium currency via real money.
Because of this they announced that the initial game that you buy will be the only game that you’ll have to buy, and it won’t be like how they did it with Street Fighter IV.
- The initial release is the only disc you will ever need to own
- All balance and system adjustments will be available for free
- All post-launch gameplay related content will be earnable for free by playing the game
- This is basic currency that players earn through playing the game. Once players accumulate enough Fight Money, they can use it to earn new post-launch gameplay content, such as characters, for free!
- This is premium currency that players can purchase with real money to immediately gain access to post-launch content.
For more information about the game, check out the game’s store page here.