New screenshots for Star Wars: Battlefront has been released from a closed off booth for the press to see a secret showcasing 7 minutes of the game before its public reveal in a few hours today.
The new pieces of info we learned is the following:
- Release date is 17th November 2015 for PC, PS4, XB1.
- No single-player campaign, instead it will feature “crafted missions” that can be played solo, online coop, or split-screen coop.
- Multiplayer matches go up to 40 players.
- There will be other game modes with a lesser player cap. (Modes with less than 40 players as a cap)
- While playing as infantry, you can switch between first and third person perspective.
- Battles in a multiplayer matches will let players engage in doge fights with other each other using vhiecles like TIE Fighters, X-wings, and the Millennium Falcon. No confirmation if you can go from ground combat to space combat. UPDATE: Now they’re saying that it won’t feature space combat, only planetary / ground combat at the moment. UPDATE: Correction, players will be able to fly these vehicles in aerial planetary combat, not in space combat.
- There will be a free downloadable level for Star Wars: Battlefront before the new movie comes out in December 18th.